How to Change Phone Number on Tiktok
All TikTok accounts are linked to a mobile number. When making an account, people have to provide their cell phone numbers. TikTok also double-checks these numbers once they’ve been entered. However, the issue is that people may change their mobile numbers at any time. You will no longer have access to the phone number they previously provided.
As a result, users must alter their TikTok phone numbers in these situations. Users can alter their phone numbers on TikTok. As a result, we’ll look at how to change phone number on TikTok easily. So without ado, let’s get started;
- Open TikTok: The first step to alter your phone number from TikTok is to open the app. Go and tap on the TikTok icon; it will automatically open it.
- Go to the Edit profile: When you start the TikTok app, it will open on your home screen. You must find your way thru the profile section from the main screen. After that, just tap on the option of “Me,” which is in the bottom right corner of the screen. As a result, your TikTok profile will display.
- Go to the Menu: You’ll see the screen below when you go to TikTok’s profile section. This screen will display all your profile information, including posts, profile pictures, usernames, and other options. You can find and open the menu. The three-dot icon which is in the upper right corner of the screen represents the menu. To enter the Menu, click this icon once.
- Choose the Manage My Account option: You will be taken to the display below after tapping on the menu. That section will contain all of your profile’s various features. You need to choose the “manage my account” area which is on the drop-down menu. This should be at the top of the list when noted by the arrow.
- Select Phone Number: After selecting Manage My Account, you will be sent to the part displayed below. You’ll see many options related to your account, such as my Tikcode and so on. From the list of choices, look for the Phone number option. Open the phone number option by tapping it once.
- Tap Change: If you choose the Phone number option, a pop-up message will show on your screen. It is a confirmation message that appears on the screen. The pop-up notification allows you to confirm whether or not you would like to change your phone number. To proceed, select the Change option.
- Type your current phone number: After selecting the change option, you’ll be taken to the area below. You should now enter the current mobile phone number. Click the area code and enter the TikTok-registered mobile phone number.
- Tap on the Arrow: You can now proceed after entering the phone number. To continue, tap on the pink arrow. It will put you ahead.
- Input the confirmation code: After tapping on the arrow mark, you’ll be taken to the area below. You must confirm the current phone number in this area. A four-digit confirmation code will have been given to your phone number by TikTok. In the box below, type the code exactly as it appears.
- Hit the arrow: After entering the code, you can proceed. You must tap on the arrow to complete this. After you input the code, a pink color arrow will show. To continue with changing the mobile number, click on this arrow mark.
- Enter your new phone number: After confirming your old phone number, you will be ready to access your new phone number. The screen below is what you’ll see. Tap on the open area. Make sure you type in your new phone number correctly. It’s because you will need to confirm this number as well.
- Tap the arrow: Once you’ve input the new phone number, you can move on to the next step. You must tap on the arrow mark to complete this. After you’ve entered your new phone number, the arrow will be displayed. To continue, tap on it.
- Enter the confirmation code: You’ll need to verify your new phone number after you’ve entered it. Your phone will receive a four-digit verification code from TikTok. Once you’ve been routed to this part, tap on the space given and input the four-digit verification code.
- Tap the arrow to continue: You can continue with the number change after entering the four-digit verification code. To start, tap the arrow mark. The arrow mark is situated right below the space given.
- Confirm the change of number: After you’ve completed all of the steps above, you’ll see the screen. A confirmation message will display on your screen. If you get a green notification like the one below, you’ve successfully changed your TikTok phone number.
In this article, we have shared how to change phone number on TikTok, where any person who wants to change their TikTok number can do this by following the methods outlined above. The process is straightforward to follow. On TikTok, anyone can change their mobile number, ignoring that the process is a little lengthy. For several reasons, people may also want to alter their phone numbers. As a result, TikTok should make it possible to change the app’s mobile number. The user must have both the old and new phone numbers within good working order.